Welcome to The Mess Hall. A paediatric feeding clinic in Lyall Bay, Wellington, New Zealand. Run by Jennifer Lyons, Speech Language and Feeding therapist.
The Mess Hall is proudly presenting a one day conference on the 10th of November 2020, in Wellington New Zealand.
Key note speaker is Melanie Potock, author and international speaker on feeding who will be zooming in to discuss – “The Child with Food Anxiety.” Other professionals will be presenting during the day. Michaela Harris PhD student focusing on the global breastfeeding policy, and has been through The Mess Hall clinic with her child. Laurette Cummins, Dietitian and Emily Jones, Speech language and feeding therapist. You will come away with theory on feeding issues and practical ideas to use at home.
Hope to see you there! https://foodisfood.net/
The Mess Hall is a place for children who have feeding issues and their family/whanau/carers.
- Creating a comfortable and supportive environment to develop feeding skills.
- Introduce new textures, smells, and tastes
- Having fun experiences with food.
- Developing management strategies in regards to;
- wanting to stay at the table
- exploring new food items
- developing biting skills
- developing chewing skills
- managing food in your mouth that you don’t want to swallow.
- Learning about new food.