Welcome to The Mess Hall. A paediatric feeding clinic in Lyall Bay, Wellington, New Zealand. Run by Jennifer Lyons, Speech Language and Feeding therapist.
The Mess Hall is a place for children who have feeding issues and their family/whanau/carers.
- Creating a comfortable and supportive environment to develop feeding skills.
- Introduce new textures, smells, and tastes
- Having fun experiences with food.
- Developing management strategies in regards to;
- wanting to stay at the table
- exploring new food items
- developing biting skills
- developing chewing skills
- managing food in your mouth that you don’t want to swallow.
- Learning about new food.
The Mess Hall is proudly presented a one day conference on the 10th of November 2020, in Wellington New Zealand.
Key note speaker was Melanie Potock, author and international speaker on feeding who “zoomed” in to discuss – “The Child with Food Anxiety.” Other professionals presented during the day and discussed feeding theory and practical techniques. Michaela Harris PhD student focused on the infant feeding experience, and her experience of being a parent with a child who had feeding issues. Tom, Dietitian from Food Savvy discussed food intake and range of items that will give you the nutrients you need.